spinning a clay thread

 

Waiting for the legs.  I had to fire them again. I forgot to put a layer of rutile wash so the blue shorts were too flat looking compared to the top.  It didn't have the same painterly feel.  This is the first time I put this piece on the wall.  With the legs, it is 24" long.  I am trying to spin some wool for this piece.  Yes, hand spin some wool.  I'll work with that in mind for a while.  I start with this feeling for a piece and as I go along the piece says something else.  I am mainly interested in our connection to the natural world. How sometimes the line drawn is solid, sometimes very fluid and somewhat thin. So there is some intent at the beginning, but sometimes along the way the piece becomes something else.  Spinning a clay thread.........


Comments

Popular Posts