Bit by little bit of clay


Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you
For I can't help falling in love with you

Elvis Presley

(can't seem to get this song out of my head)
 

“You may not be a Picasso or Mozart but you don’t have to be. Just create to create. Create to remind yourself you’re still alive. Make stuff to inspire others to make something too. Create to learn a bit more about yourself.”       Frederick Terral
 
 

There are times when I avoid going out to the studio, because I am not sure I will find what I think I've lost.  Does that make any sense?  In any case, I needed to get down to work.  Just go for it because I had nothing to lose (as I thought I had already lost it!)  I am still making small wall hangings, but I really needed to get started on some larger pieces regardless how wishy-washy I am at the moment.  At one point I was considering giving it all up.  Silly Charlene.

This piece has taken some time.  I just couldn't get the face right.  The hands were saying something else. The face was heavy and so unsure.  The hands expressed something far deeper inside---of words floating away.  I decided to give it a rest and covered this piece tightly and come back to it later.  That worked.  Next day I redid the face and there it was---that lightness of self and a surety.  



"She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies"
 
Lord Byron

Comments

  1. the hand is so delicate and amazing your patience to get all the flowers attached afterwards without disturbing the hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a little tricky but doable ☺ one thing working with clay it teaches one patience.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful!

    Your hands of clay... I can't help falling in love, with them.

    Hands. Often the hardest to capture. And when one does - as you have here, they capture one's heart.
    They do mine ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for such a late reply, Vicki.
    Hands are difficult! The little ones are the hardest. I have to make up dozens of them and pick out the ones that speak to me. At times I put the thumbs wrong way. Or clutzy me...make two left hands. The laughing hands play tricks on me. I fire the leftovers and my daughter-in-law likes to pick out some for her collection of little bits of art.
    Happy Lunar Year of the Monkey, Vicki! Should be an interesting year...


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts