Breaking bowls and shattered misconceptions

vintage Bristlecone Pines in the White Mountains, Inyo National Forest

Yesterday while making bread, I broke my large Homestead Pyrex bowl.  I bought as a set...new from the Base Exchange at Eglin AFB, Florida way (far) back.  It shattered and it should have broke my heart.  Instead I just thought thank goodness it wasn't a hand-thrown bowl.  Then I thought thank goodness the bread was safely transferred to a resting place. Now either one of those events would have made me cry.  Still I checked on-line to see if I could find a replacement.  It's now considered "vintage."  Huh.  I have the rest of the set.  If I replace the large bowl will it still be considered an original set?

(photos taken while camping in the White Mountains outside of Bishop with our big camera)

Comments

Popular Posts