Elemental Clay




 

It took a while for me to get back into the studio.
Had a lot of things on my mind.
Now I only have a few things on my mind.
The best thing I found to get me going is just
go out to the studio 
sit there
and stare out the window
or clean up a bit. (Because I am a silly & restless soul :)

Next thing I know I am messing with bits of clay.
And if I start messing with clay my hands just seem to know what to do.

First a leaf
then a eucalyptus pod
somehow a wee porcelain butterfly shows up

 there's a slab of earthenware
looking so appealing
which turns into a base
for a bust 
then suddenly a clay hand appeared

on and on it went, my hands taking over
forcing me to continue

I couldn't stop my hands
until
it was time
for me, that uninspired me, to take over
and
cover the small makings of the day

thank you
I say to the world
as I closed the door of my studio
and  I walked
back home to my first love
and to cook us some dinner.
 

 
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts