Under lock and key and bubble wrap

There's always one uncompleted piece that steps into the New Year with me.


Usually I close up the studio from mid-November to February. It isn't a time of quiet contemplation around here.  Try as I might, it just gets a bit non-clay hectic in the winter months.  Working in clay.  Well, you know.  It just can't be rushed.  And with a little sigh and apology to this last uncompleted piece with a rusty key, it was bubble-wrapped and shelved with promises of meeting in 2013.

 
I sneaked a peek.  There she was looking very contemplative.  Waiting.  I couldn't help myself.  I quickly did her face.  Hmm.  I guess there's time....I can lock up the studio later.....


Comments

  1. She does look like she's waiting and wondering when you'll get to her. Oh I just cleaned my shelves and I see you had a post about it (on the you might like suggestions) I'll have to check it out. Hope I did mine correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a fun job, but a necessary one. Make sure you get up all fired on glaze drips. They remelt and if you have any pieces on top of that it will fused it to the shelf. Happy firings!

      Delete
  2. I think it's a little magical that she's there keeping your studio muse around for you. It's good that you visit her from time to time. Enjoy your winter months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today the fog lifted early and there's a wintry stillness to the air. It is hard not to work on some new pieces, but I think I will just bundle up and enjoy!

      Delete
  3. There's strong symbolism in a key. Openings. Closings. Mystery.

    She looks as though she might have a secret to show you. Beyond that door. Whenever you are ready...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Vicki---I went over to your blog...wonderful post...but my reply went???? poof...so I will try again...The key will dangle from a vine that twists about her legs...will see how that goes......

      Delete
    2. Oh, has she kept a still keeper of secrets for so long, that vines has captured her? Or could the key provide her way of escape? Hmmm.
      Your wonderful pieces have so many stories to tell :)

      Delete
  4. It's nice that you had stored the key with her. There is a bit of mysterious feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts